About

The Redhills Project is the campaign for the preservation and restoration of Redhills, the headquarters of the Durham Miners’ Association (DMA).

Redhills, as it’s commonly known, was built in 1915, financed by the subscriptions of 200,000 miners. The building was at the very centre of the workings of County Durham Coalfield for almost a century. Today, the DMA wants the building to be preserved for future generations, acting as a hub for learning, practise and performance, and becoming once again the beating heart of the Durham Coalfield area.